In this role, you will reveal what our users need from our products by conducting primary research, exploring the behaviours and motivations of our users and working with teams of Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and others to develop new features. You’ll inspire change at all stages of product development by delivering exciting oral, written and visual presentations about our findings. Most importantly, your job as a researcher is to help the UX team understand what would make a user’s experiences feel more intuitive, accessible, fun and even magical.
With considerable experience, you evaluate all the features contributing to user experience, providing expertise, collaborating internally and occasionally leading projects. You contribute new processes and identify product and use requirements.
- Meet clients to gather information about their requirements and to find out what needs researching, designing or usability testing
- Be involved in sketching, prototyping and on occasion user testing, before passing the design onto the development team
- Understand qualitative research methods
- Have an awareness of costs and budgets
- Put users at the centre of a design to make it simple, easy to use and good looking
- Be confident in your presentation skills in order to present the stages of the design development to business users
- A mixture of creative and technical skills
- Verbal communication skills, as you present your research findings and the reasons behind your design decisions
- Strong written communication ability, as you may be involved in writing copy for the website
- Experience of using prototyping software tools, for example FlowMapp, Axure Pro and VisuaSiteMaps
- The ability to use Adobe Creative Cloud, including Photoshop.
We're looking for engineers who are passionate about developing powerful and efficient apps and platforms that work well for people coming online for the first time through lower end mobile devices, often with slower or limited data connections. We’re looking for people with a keen interest in mobile development, working within a team, in fast-paced and startup-like environment and who are able to collaborate with other teams looking the solve for the same challenges.
Shopgro commerce app was launched in September 2017 and has seen an incredible adoption since launch. While your focus will be to work on mobile development, you will also be working on other code/the backend of your team's product.
Shopgro is passionate about organising the retail information and making it universally accessible and useful. As more Internet users come online we aim to address the needs of retailer. The needs and online paradigm of these retailers are uniquely differentiated and we look forward to providing them with the best products and services to suit their growing digital world.